Blogger Templates

Monday 7 May 2012

Finally, after trying for what seems like a long life time now, I have finally got somewhere with regards to my hideous Lypohypotrophy and I am beyond happy right now! 

After having it out with my consultant after a clinic meet up one day he said that he would refer me to someone at Royal Preston Hospital to have a better look at my stomach and someone who had more knowledge in the area. I was so nervous before this appointment it was unreal!

The outcome of the appointment was that I do have a severe case of Hypotrophy and because my consultant has referred me to a plastic surgeon within the NHS I do get it fully funded! The only problem is that I have to lose 2 and a half stone before I can have the surgery, which is going to be difficult but I will do it! I am so happy; some people will see it as me being vain but this is something that I would not have had to have put up with if I wasnt Diabetic and hadnt had to inject large amounts of insulin 4 times a day for 9 years.

So by December I need to be able to show the surgeon that I have lost the majority of the weight and that I can keep it off. All being well, I should be having a tummy tuck in 2013.

Pump Update

Seriously having problems with the whole pump issue and I am contemplating having it removed and going back to injections. 

I have been in hosptial more times in the past 8months of having the insulin pump than I have in the past 9 years of injecting, and all because of silly little things like it disconnecting from my skin during the night and me not realising it until the morning when Im throwing liquids up and my keytones are throw the roof! I don't know if it is worth it really; it seems to be happening every couple of months and the whole hospital routine where I live is terrible for any Diabetic, especially a diabetic with an Insulin Pump!

I have clinic at the end of May so going to discuss my options and see what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment