Blogger Templates

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Furness Area's Insulin Pump Support Meeting!

I've been trying to find some kind of support group that is local to me for some time now and the other day, I recieved a letter from the NHS inviting me to Furness 1st Patient support meeting for Insulin Pump users; its like they've heard me!

I actually don't know anyone in the area that has an Insulin Pump so I am secretly looking forward to going to thsi meeting, if only it is too hear other peoples experience with the pump and see if they go through some of the same things that I do with it. It is in my home town which makes things a lot easier for me so I dont see any reason why I shouldnt go along. 

It also states on the letter than anyone can attend, even if they are just thinking about getting an Insulin pump. This to me, sounds like Insulin Pumps are a bit more accessable now a days as when I was started with the process this time last year there was a lot of criteria that you had to met before being able to be funded for one! I think that it is great that more people are able to get them for whatever reason; they obviously don't work for everyone but I'd be lost without mine now!

I'll blog about the meeting when I've been. It's in July so a little while off yet, and Ive got to book my place so hopefully I havent missed out; its on my to-do list for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment