Blogger Templates

Friday 7 October 2011

First Steps.

This blog isn't really Insulin Pump related, but relates to diabetes (as everything normally does in my life) so I thought, why not share it?

First holiday away without the parents; a really daunting thought for me anyway, without putting diabetes into the equation. Major issue with airports, but thats another story! Im pleased to say i survived (of course I did) and had zero problems. I really dont know what I was worried about. I know what Im doing, Im aware insulin sucks when its hot so keep it cool when you can (I never took my injections out of the hotel room, they stayed in the fridge the whole time!) and that heat can effect blood sugars, but I think I dealt with everything fine! If any one reads this (doubtful) that is worried about going away, dont. Seriously, it's fine, if I can do it, then I'm going to say that anyone can!

I had a fair few hypos when I was away, which is a really strange feeling for me ow as I hardly get them. Had a 1.9 at one point which was scary; I got myself from the side of the pool and up 7 floors without remembering how I did it!

Pump Update!
Nerves are kicking in more than every now. Im starting to (again) doubt whether this is really what I want, as I normally like taking the easy option, and this is far, far, far from easy in my eyes! But, (again) I've got to give it a shot and at least see if its for me. My nurse said that she isnt aware of anyone who has had one and hasnt liked it, but saying this, I'm the thrid person in the whole of Cumbria to be getting one, so its a not a huge group of people she is talking about!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment